PASA is a non-profit association of members with the mission statement: "To foster, develop and
facilitate sport parachuting, in all its facets, within South Africa, in the safest and most
progressive manner, on behalf of its members."
For many people the words parachuting and skydiving conjure up images of adrenalin junkies and
daredevils with little regard for their own safety. One of the questions most frequently asked of
sport parachutists is, "who in their right mind would want to willingly throw themselves out of a
perfectly serviceable aircraft?"
In truth, sport parachuting is a disciplined sport that operates within rigidly defined and
enforced safety parameters as set out in PASA’s Manual of Procedures. This Manual has been ratified
by the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) and is the basis upon which PASA has been
approved as an Aviation Recreation Organisation. The safety and training standards contained in the
manual are on a par or better than international standards and must be adhered to by all affiliated
drop zones and members in South Africa.
PASA has added new functionality to the admin system to include online application for new licences and ratings and for rating renewals.
What does this mean for members?:
- If you are an existing, paid-up member who would like to apply for a new licence or rating, you can ask your Chief Instructor to generate an online application for you or contact the admin office to do so.
- You will receive an email containing a link to your online application.
- Select the new licence or rating.
- Complete the requirements and upload any supporting documentation, as may be required.
- Click on apply to route the application to your Chief Instructor for approval.
- After your CI has approved your application, it will route to the NSTO and, finally, to the admin office where we will check that the required payment has been received before processing.
- Once processed, you will receive a confirmation email.
- If you are an existing member who has NOT renewed for the current year, you will need to contact the admin office to request a new renewal form to be generated for you.
- New members joining for the first time, will be required to complete page 1 of the PASA General Application form and submit to the admin office to create a membership profile. The admin office will then generate an application form if the new member is also applying for a licence.
- All paid-up members as at the end of the current membership year will receive an annual online renewal reminder in March 2016 and will be able to complete the renewal as well as any rating renewals and/or new licence or rating applications online.
Feedback on the system as well as suggestions for improvements are welcome and can be sent to the PASA admin office.